First things first, I hope you celebrated your win in completing or nearly finishing your course. Every accomplishment deserves to be rewarded, so get into the habit of celebrating even the small stuff.
There’s a psychological reason for doing this- you condition yourself for motivation. When you reward your accomplishments, you cement the idea in your head and attach a positive association to hard work. You also get a little dopamine boost when you complete a task.
That aside, finishing a course (or a segment) can leave you with a feeling of “what now?”, which is perfectly normal. You’ve dedicated time to studying and may have more time than usual now. For this reason, getting in contact with student services or your course mentor can help you navigate the right path.
The next step to take can differ from person to person. You may want to continue advancing your studies or even take that first step into a new career. Whatever you’d like to do (and it’s OK not to know either), there are a vast array of options. You can study an advanced course with us, choose an accredited pathway option, use your CPD points to advance at work, get into university or TAFE, and much, much more.
It's important to speak about your next steps:
Our course mentors and student services team have a wealth of knowledge on what is available to you. They can share resources with you regarding pathway options, put you in contact with agencies that specialise in your chosen field, or even advise suitable employment agencies to help you move forward.
We have a customer success team dedicated to your goals and mentors who are industry leaders who bring their experience to the table. They also know what mistakes students make, and they’re there to help you avoid doing them. So, don’t be afraid to reach out.
Some suggestions of some steps you can take:
- Take another course: We have advanced courses, bundles, and much, much more to help you.
- Volunteer: get valuable real-world experience that you can add to your CV.
- Choose an industry-aligned pathway course: want to become accredited in your field? Please choose one of our industry-aligned courses to get on the right path. We offer up to 40% credit off nationally accredited courses, saving you both time and money.
- Contact local agencies and job centres: to start working in your chosen field. There is a range of paid entry-level positions that you can do with our CPD accredited qualifications. You can also use our Job Squad career tools to rewrite your resume and cover letter. Click here.
- Get that promotion: you have a digital badge and your certificate of attainment, so show off those skills to your boss. It shows determination and commitment to your development, and we are sure it will pay off. You can send them your certificate of attainment that details your CPD credits. They’ll love your commitment to learning so learn some interview tips of the trade here.
Employment agencies that can help you find work:
Here is a list of private and governmental agencies that can help you find work. If you have no luck yourself, reach out to these, and they will put you forward as a candidate.
Other useful government websites:
You can also upload your CV to some of Australia's largest job portals. You can then apply for jobs that come up yourself. Here are some of the largest Australian platforms:
- SEEK. SEEK is Australia's leading job site for employers in Australia, with over 150,000 jobs online. It is visited 25 million times each month.
Remember, you have done a fantastic job getting this far! Finding employment isn't easy; however, the above blog is to help you get started. The world is your oyster!
Online Courses Australia is a short course, CPD Accredited training provided that covers more than 20 different professional areas; give us a call today on 1300 611 404 or email our friendly team at email@example.com, and we’ll be happy to talk you through some of your course options.