The CPD process assists your professional development on an ongoing basis. Its function is to help you record, review and reflect on your learnings. It’s not a tick-box document recording the training you have completed; it is more detailed with your progress monitored. Engaging in Continuing Professional Development ensures that both academic and practical qualifications do not become outdated or obsolete; allowing individuals to continually ‘up skill’ or ‘re-skill' themselves, regardless of occupation, age or educational level.
What will CPD do for you?
CPD can help you to reflect, review and document your learning, develop and update your professional knowledge and skills.
It is also practical for:
- Providing an overview of your professional development
- Reinforcing your achievements and your progress
- Continuing reminders of your career goals
- Discover omissions in your skillsets and capabilities
- Discover additional development requirements
- Provide examples and scenarios for your resume or interview
- Demonstrate your professional standing to clients and employers
- Guide your career development or potential career change
Upon course completion, every student will receive a digital badge displaying their CPD points achieved. A digital badge is a virtual acknowledgement of a micro-credential, online course or professional achievement. Digital badges are portable, sharable and most importantly, verifiable.
Think of it as a new way to demonstrate or prove you have completed a course. Every student receives an online portfolio where digital badges can be stored. So, you can share this with prospective employers, friends and colleagues. You can also store all your learning and certificates in one secure place.
Want to know more? Online Courses Australia’s Industry Mentor, Miranda explains HERE.