Online learning is undoubtedly one of life’s perks. You can study anywhere, anytime, from the comfort of your digital device.
I have noticed a big difference between students that reach out to their mentors. They can gain a strategy for their learning success and save time by getting answers to their struggles.
Mentors are there to help you achieve. They have answers to pretty much any question that you may have. They are also industry leaders in your field of study, meaning they’ve gone before you and are paving the way. You can learn from their knowledge and expertise.
My biggest suggestion to students is to chunk down content as a mentor. Often, we get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of tasks on our to-do list. One of my favourite sayings is ‘Be like the ants’ and take small, continuous action towards your goals. If you've seen an ant work, you will know what I am talking about. Little and often is best.
Since our online courses are designed for you to do in your own time, you can tackle a topic per day or even spend time reading five slides or watching one On-Demand video a week. You know your schedule and what will work best for you, so chunk it down in a suitable manner to your calendar.
My other suggestion is to reach out for support. Sure, most things can be figured out, but wouldn’t you get your mentor to answer a question in five minutes rather than take two hours of your own time to figure something out? They have the experience, which means they can help you much faster. Ask for help!
Take time off and reward yourself. Studying, especially when you have a demanding job, a family to look after, or other priorities, takes time and commitment. Once you have met your weekly goals, celebrate by rewarding yourself or taking time out to watch your favourite show. This will help you maintain momentum and keep you from getting bored. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy, after all.
My final suggestion is to learn from those that have gone before you. I love our On Demand content. It’s worth its weight in gold. There is just so much inspiration from these leaders, and their content is designed to empower you to move forward and achieve your dreams. Watching them speak certainly inspires me to take action.
Finally, read our blogs. We write them to encourage you. We also know what type of comments come up often, so they’re a way to offer advice and quick tips too.
Here Is My Summary Of My Top Mentor Tips:
- Chunk down. Overwhelmed? Try tackling your course in bitesize chunks at a time. It does help!
- Reach out for support. There’s no judgement in needing help. We can help save you time by answering common online education questions quickly. Email [email protected] or call 1300 611 404
- Celebrate your wins. Maintain momentum by rewarding yourself as you go along.
- Watch our On-Demand content. You’ll be inspired. You can access some of Australia’s most outstanding leaders with our On-Demand content. After listening to them, we know you will be inspired to achieve your goals.
- Read our blogs. Need some encouragement? Read our blogs for a wealth of information.
- BOOK A CALL - with your mentor, we all have a link, so click and book. Remember, we have all been where you are. We can help!
We offer so much more than just our courses! To find out more, speak to one of our mentors today!
Online Courses Australia is a short course, CPD Endorsed training that covers more than 20 different professional areas; call us today on 1300 611 404 or email our friendly team at [email protected], and we’ll be happy to talk to you through some of your online learning course options. Enquire today about online education!