The duty of an aged care worker is to provide general assistance, emotional support, care and companionship for aged persons either in their client’s home or in a residential care facility.
The main duties include:
- accompanying aged and disabled persons during daily activities
- assisting clients with their mobility
- preparing food for clients
- arranging social activities
- performing housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming and cleaning
- assisting in personal hygiene and dressing
- providing companionship, friendship and emotional support
- may do shopping and run errands
- may live in with the person
- Aged care workers are generally compassionate, patient and friendly people who not only assist them with their tasks but who also enjoy talking with elderly people.
The number of people working as aged carers grew very strongly over the past 5 years and is expected to grow very strongly over the next 5 years.
Interested in learning more about the duties of an aged care worker? Check out our extensive aged care courses.
0 Comments)Show comments (